Food Safety Services
Why Is Food Safety So Important?
Food safety is the most important aspect of your food business. As much as a chef requires knowledge and understanding of food, the manager of a food business needs to have a good working knowledge of food safety legislation and food science. Not everyone who runs a food business has this depth of knowledge. It needs to be gained with training, or with experience. Our food safety consultants are here to give you a helping hand.
Focus on good food safety and hygiene management is continuing to increase. Like you, many food business owners are aware that poor food safety practices are likely to result in poor hygiene ratings, damaged reputation and most importantly, potential harm coming to your consumers. Having food safety consultants on call is a useful preventative measure, keeping you on track with compliance and providing answers when you have questions.
HACCP Food Safety Consultants
Having a good written food safety system is a fundamental starting point. It details the procedures and actions necessary to ensure a high standard of food safety and hygiene in your workplace.The preferred system is known as HACCP (Hazard Analysis of Critical Control Points). Such a system will ensure that everyone handling food is trained and competent.
Need help with food safety?
Want to increase your food hygiene rating? Concerned about food safety compliance?
A good HACCP system will help you to manage food safety and hygiene in a logical manner. We have created a fantastic system that can be tailored to your exact needs.
Get in touch to simplify food safety management in your business.
How We Can Help
At ADL Associates, we can provide you with all of the services needed to ensure your food safety and hygiene requirements are fully covered.
Our food safety consultants can help your business solve its food safety problems with the following services:
- Creating a tailor made HACCP system to meet your business needs and legal requirements;
- Providing food safety management systems with built in flexibility to meet changing demands;
- Full implementation of your food safety management system;
- Providing regular compliance audits, inspections and corrective action reports;
- Third party inspections of your suppliers;
- Delivering relevant food safety training to ensure your food management systems are used correctly.
If you haven’t seen the help you need, get in touch to discuss your needs and we can provide the support needed to manage food safety and hygiene effectively.
Check Food Safety Compliance In Your BusinessA gap analysis is a low cost method of checking your performance and compliance for food safety and hygiene. Find out more…
How much does food safety consultancy cost?
What temperature does bacteria grow at?
What regulations do I need to adhere to?
- The food hygiene regulations 2006 of Scotland and Wales, relating to your duties as a food operator, temperature control requirements, raw meat, milk, and packaging,
- Regulation (EC) 852/2004, concerning food hygiene definitions and hygiene rules for certain foodstuffs,
- The Food Safety and Hygiene (England) Regulations 2013, relating to your duties as a food business operator, sale of raw milk, meats, temperature control requirements, seafaring transport.
- The Food Safety (General Food Hygiene) Regulations concerning premises, transportation and movement of foodstuffs, equipment, waste and water.
- The Food Safety Act 1990, which is there to protect consumers.
What food safety checks do I need to record?
- Food deliveries and transportation,
- Temperature control,
- Cooking, reheating, cooling,
- Display records (hot hold)
- Hygiene inspections,
What is a food business operator?
How long can food be kept out of storage?
What are my duties as a food business operator?
- know your responsibilities,
- have a HACCP system in place,
- keep records,
- notify authorities when required,
- trace foods/ingredients to their source.